Monday, May 12, 2008

Jamil's email to Zamlah 10th November 2006

Transcript
My dear Tuan Hj Zamlan,

As I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, a lot of things came to my mind, some racing past and some would linger around for sometime. But one thing that keeps coming back is of course our little project the Taman Beringin Transfer Station. I have on several occassion requested you to resolve this matter, the last time probably when I came back from Kota Baru after visiting the family of my dear friend Rosly Deraman. I intimated to you that anything can happen after all my good friend was only in his early forties when he passed away. I know Hj Khairil will not open his mouth as he expects me to talk to you because you are my friend whereas he knew you only lately after we got together for the project. And now after I had to undergo the bypass operation, I think the time is good as any to resolve the matter once and for all.

I think you you would not dispute if not fo my dragging you into the project and getting you interested then harrassing you to get the MOF Licence renewed before we can even buy the tender document then got the tender date extended, you might have not participated in the tender at all.

My dear friend,

I shall not go back in the past and dwell into what had happenned and what could have happenned. All I can say is that we were a good team, we had a good proposal and Alhamdulillah its Allah's will that our tender were successful.

I know you are sincere and you will not leave us (Khairil and myself) high and dry, you did mention you already have the agreement prepared but you are not ready to discuss, probably you are hesitating on the quantum is it too much or too little or is it in the manner of compensation; shall it ba a lump sum payment or is it in the form of equity and if equity under which company. If you had opened up we could have talk, discuss and resolve in a very friendly manner. So let me be very frank with you and suggest to you as to how we can reach an amicable solution.

I know you have single handedly build up your company Solid Waste Disposal Sdn. Bhd and I'm sure you would not want to see its equity broken up. I therefore suggest that a new company be formed to undertake the the management, operations and maintenance of the transfer station including the haulage husiness. The new company shall be a subsidary of Solid Waste Disposal Sdn. Bhd and we can call it SWD Urusisa Sdn. Bhd (or any other names that we think fit). Why a subsidiary, its easier to convince DBKL (and/or KPKT) that you need to rationalise the businesses such that the Contract can be assigned by the parent company to its subsidiary. You have at one time or other indicated that you wish to have 51% stake in the project and we are agreeable to that and it also fits perfectly with the status of a 51% subsidiary compnay. And the remaining equity we can mutually agree to split it equally or otherwise. Now how does that sound to you, its not a difficult proposition is it? And of course we have to tackle the associated problems once we agree to the priciple of it.

What are the other related problems? I'm thinking aloud here as to: how much paid up capital, migration of the account to the newco, transfer of employees to the newco etc.

My dear friend,

Honestly, we are thinking beyond the 3-year contract that we have at hand, once we resolve the equity portion we can strategically think on how we can continue in this business even though privatisation of solid waste management are in the hand of the concessionaires. There are so many possibilities, we can offer our expertise to people like Worldwide, or we can even offer the concessionaires (not just Alam Flora) to construct the transfer station on a BOT basis. We will not confine ourselves to transfer station alone, we can offer the whole range of SWM facilities wherever opportunities arises.

This e-mail was sent by Jamil to Zamlan on the 10th November 2006. After he was discharge from the hospital.
Till today Zamlan and his wife are enjoying what rightfully should be ours. How long is the silence going to be? How long more do we have to borrow money for our children's education? Maybe you should contact Zamlan or his wife for the answer. Please pass this around to all the contractors for Selangor and Wilayah Persekutuan.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...