Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Scholarship

Dr Rozita Sirat letter "What makes JPA scholars so special?" in the star is worth reading.

I personally feel that the abuse for Petronas, JPA and Mara scholarship/loan should be stop immediately. I have many super rich friends whose children are on government hand-outs. Like I mentioned before they do keep RM1million in cash in their bedrooms. Their money tree grew during the Mahathir era. Once on an outing I was given RM20,000 cash as tip for bringing them luck. A penthouse suite for me alone for three nights costing RM2,000 per night and food bill amounting RM45,000 for three. That trip alone they spent RM3.5 million. Even if my spouse and myself work for 100 years we can never reach that figure. These are the very ones getting Petronas, JPA and Mara money. The rich are given many opportunities to secure business deals, getting business loan and scholarships for their children. Do the others below them deserve to be push aside? We pay full taxes, my super rich friends pay 1/3. Is it fair?

The other issue is, why are we not expanding to other courses like forensic and ballistic (sorry I only know about these two). Look at the past 2 years cases, the so called expert in forensic are making a fool of themselves in court. Even the collection of evidences are not done properly. My daughter has already done her research on two main cases in Malaysia and found that no proper procedure were followed and evidence given in court do not make any sense at all. Even her professors at the University agreed with her findings. If a second student can do that why are we paying fools?

Given a chance I would never lower myself to beg for scholarship from the government. People like Mahathir and Pak Lah have created an environment of hatred among the people. Bapa Malaysia told me on one of our many meetings that Mahathir had destroy the respect for the Malays. Yes I do know him, he was once my neighbour.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...