Sunday, June 15, 2008

Nirmala Bonat Case

Something strange strikes me when I read in the news Yim Pek Ha ninth defence witness, lawyer K. Balaguru's statement as follows- Balaguru said that Yim told him one day when she was breastfeeding her newborn; she had called Nirmala into the room and said, “Mari tengok. Satu hari, kau pun akan buat macam ini.” (Come and see. One day you’d be doing the same.)

Person with a right mind will never call her maid to see her breastfeeding. I have five kids and I have breastfed them in public discreetly but not once have I called the attention of any of my kids or even my sister or close unmarried friends to see what I do. My friends too have never done that.

Medical researched had shown enough evidence to sudden change of hormone (post-natal depression) after each child birth. Every mum goes through that eccentric phase, some in small doses and some has gone to the extent of putting their child in the microwave or washing machine. I for one offended my mother-in-law during that period even though, each time she only stayed for a couple of days. Our behaviour is not intentional but at that moment of time it was never wrong. Now looking back you tend to realize that you actually had behaved like an animal.

Yim is not wrong for denial of the truth because she faces a jail sentence but would it not be better if she uses her wealth to seek consultation.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...