Friday, August 13, 2010

God, Judge and Kingmaker



There are some people I do not wish to write about. But circumstances forces me to. Everyday we meet and deal with people. Bad and good no one is perfect. But some sort of decency should be expected.

Last month after two years of playing hide and seek Mr Chye finally agreed to pay the sum I won at the Tribunal Court. The mediator was Encik Jamal from the Domestic Trade Ministry whom I am most grateful. Over the phone Mr Chye apologized and gave his usual excuses. I gave him a lashing and voice my frustration and questioned him why he is more afraid of Encik Jamal than me when I gave him ample opportunity to rectify the shabby work he had done. After letting off steam, I accepted his proposal of paying me RM300 monthly for the next 26 months plus a reasonable sum of discount was deducted. Encik Jamal was surprised and shocked that I was generous and repeatedly asked me to confirm again. I did three times. Sometimes it is not the money but the principle of it.

My children show their dislike and concern when I am like that but I always remind them someday someone will repay my action to them.

Now Ahmad Lufti my tenant staying at house no: 68 Jalan Pria 2, Taman Maluri. He is an Ustaz and runs an Islamic Kindergarten. You think that people like him would be level headed and fair. But no, he took four days to hand over the letter given by Selva the debt collector on behalf of Kandi to me and cancelled the cheques given to me earlier. He did not see it fit the urgency and kept me on ends to know what was written in the letter. When he finally did hand over the letter he decided to play God, Judge and Kingmaker in front of five witnesses. He told me that until I can show proof that the house belong to me, he saw it fit that he need not deal with me any longer. I reminded him of our agreement whereby he laughed and cheekily says the agreement had already expired in June two months back. Getting ready for Raya sale I overlooked and now he make me look like a fool. Never mind that I told him that he rented the house from me for the past two years so at least have the decency to hand back the house keys to me if he does not want to pay the rental. He kept laughing and walked away. I repeatedly told him that he should do the right and decent thing. Instead he kept on laughing and walked away. The witnesses were sympathetic and told me that a person can be an ustaz but the heart need not be good and fair. They also said they never heard of such thing that a person can rent your house and give rental to a third party who just produces a letter saying it is theirs. It does not matter a Tun or King. The fact remains that he rented from me in the first place and even had signed an agreement. He should not take side but instead continue to deal with me and not campur tangan acting like God, Judge and Kingmaker. So whoever lease out their homes to Ahmad Lufti in the future can expect him to hand over the property to every tom, dick and harry that produces a letter of claim.

For every bad happening good things do happen. Yes indeed something good did happen and come Monday morning, I can hug and kiss my darlin who has the sixth sense to know I needed his presence to ease my pain.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...