Monday, February 3, 2014

Beware of pickpocket in Bukit Bintang


Location: Bukit Bintang area, Kuala Lumpur

Shared by Nader Anissi

I am an international student here. Yesterday, I went to Lot 10 in the Bukit Bintang area (with my wife and son) to change $2000 notes to RM 6,600 at a money changer. After we left the building, we walked towards Plaza Low Yat (Opposite McDonalds, in front of the BB Plaza entrance).

While we were walking, a man suddenly grabbed my right foot (I had put the money that I’d exchanged earlier in my front right-side pocket). The man started to shout at me in a language that I did not understand (later I was told that it was in Tagalog). His shouting distracted me.

While I was trying to make sure my son was safe, I was also trying to find out what the man was saying to me. Instinctively, I tried to push the man away but there were also 2 or 3 other men holding onto my hand to prevent me from doing so. I finally managed to push the man away. Then, I realized that my money has disappeared from my pocket.

The men ran away on foot. I gave chase towards the man who had grabbed my foot. We passed by many shops. At a juncture, the man tried to confuse me when he took off his upper layer of white shirt and ran on with his black shirt instead. I continued chasing him. Finally, at a parking area, trapped, he tried to punch me but as I was stronger, I over-powered him.

The police came shortly and captured him. We went to the nearby police station and I made my report.

We are home now. We are glad that we were unharmed. The money was to cover for living expenses as we have just arrived here recently.

Please share our story so that others will be aware of such incidents happening in the city.
 — at Bukit bintang.

No comments:

Very Sad Day for All Malaysians

  High Court dismisses durian farmers’ judicial review application THERE IS NO JUSTICE WHEN IT COMES TO OUR RIGHTS. IN MALAYSIA ONE CANNOT W...