Wednesday, August 6, 2014

How long will this MOUSE LAST AS MB?

I’m ready to be Selangor MB but it’s up to PKR, says Ijok assemblyman

Ijok assemblyman Dr Idris Ahmad says he has never lobbied for post, and wants the Selangor MB issue to be resolved to avoid the public's negative perception about Pakatan Rakyat. – The Malaysian Insider pic, August 6, 2014.Ijok assemblyman Dr Idris Ahmad says he has never lobbied for post, and wants the Selangor MB issue to be resolved to avoid the public's negative perception about Pakatan Rakyat. – The Malaysian Insider pic, August 6, 2014.Ijok state assemblyman Dr Idris Ahmad has expressed his readiness to become the Selangor menteri besar (MB), if that is the decision of PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
Dr Idris, whose name came up as the alternative candidate for the top post, said while he supports the party's choice of Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail as the Selangor MB, he is ready to step in if necessary.
“Ready or not, we must always be prepared. I, as a doctor am prepared to treat patients. When we join politics, it means we must be prepared for all possibilities.
“I am from PKR. Whatever decision PKR’s top leadership makes, I will follow. We will show our loyalty to the party.
“If there are any meetings between PKR and PAS, I will follow their (PKR’s) decision,” he said in an exclusive interview with The Malaysian Insider.
It was reported that PAS leaders have recommended Dr Idris as the compromise candidate to break the deadlock over the Selangor MB issue which is now threatening to split Pakatan Rakyat.
Chinese-language daily Sin Chew wrote that Khalid as well as the Selangor palace had no objection to Dr Idris being made the MB.
The Ijok seat was previously held by Khalid before the 2013 national polls.
Dr Idris, who runs his clinic in Taman Tun Dr Ismail, is seen as a non controversial and respected PKR leader who entered politics during the reformasi movement.
PAS leaders hope that Khalid's hardline position to stay put can be softened by choosing Dr Idris, who is from Selangor.
Appointing Dr Idris could also address misgivings among PAS's conservative elements about having a woman to helm the country’s richest state.
It was reported that PKR's concern was the possible objection from supporters of the party's deputy president, Azmin Ali.
Dr Idris said that his loyalty lay only with PKR, and if he were chosen to replace Khalid, he would continue to focus on the rakyat’s welfare.
He said he always upheld the principle of loyalty towards his leaders, and that it had never crossed his mind to leave PKR.
“Why do I serve PKR? Because I notice that the rakyat need a lot of help. It’s not just about financial aid, but also medical service and human development.
“My brand of politics is different. I was trained in a military school. My loyalty is with the leadership.
“Regardless who the leader is, we must give them our support. Because if there are too many generals, how are the soldiers to follow them?”
However, the doctor, who has been practicing medicine for 35 years, said he had always respected the party’s choice of Dr Wan Azizah as the Selangor MB.
He said what mattered for PKR and PAS now was to restore the people's confidence, as the MB issue had left many voters in the state uneasy.
“I don’t mind what the party decides. I have never lobbied for anything, but I noticed that the rakyat are increasingly unhappy. I leave it to Anwar’s wisdom and his discussions with Pakatan.
“I hope they can reach a consensus. We want to put an end to this because politics involves perception. If the perception is accepted positively, we have won 90% of the battle.
“If the perception is negative, we will be seen as bad politicians. The rakyat’s perception towards Pakatan is already low. We must improve on it. That’s all.”
Asked what he would do if PAS insisted that he be made the Selangor MB, Idris said it was up to PKR’s top leaders.
He said he would not consider switching parties because what mattered to him the most was serving the rakyat.
“I am a PKR man. I follow PKR. I cannot go against the party and cooperate with PAS. If PAS agrees, it is up to PKR.
“If PKR disagrees, what can I do?
“I am not the type to jump parties, from PKR to PAS. I stick to my principles,” he said.
Dr Idris, who also chairs PKR's Federal Territories leadership council, said he appreciated that his work for the past year as a state representative had caught the attention of Pakatan leaders.
He said he wanted to be known for his contributions to the society rather than as someone who lobbied for his own agenda.
“My work revolves around the hospital and patients. In Ijok, I focus on the rakyat and PKR. I have no time for discussions with PAS.
“DAP and PAS can see my performance in the state assembly and Ijok, even though it has only been a year. If they have confidence in me, I am grateful to God. I am happy.
“At least they recognise my work in Ijok. When it comes to lobbying to PAS and DAP, that is not my work.”
Dr Idris denied that he opposed Khalid’s removal.
“Khalid, Anwar and Azmin are all my friends. Whether I support them or not, they are my friends. They all came to celebrate Aidilfitri at my house.
“I am sad because PKR and Pakatan’s enemies are not among themselves, but in Umno and Barisan Nasional. Why must we fight one another?
“This is why they must change the maturity level. I look at the bigger picture. I do not support any individual, only parties. I do not act based on emotion, but in the parties’ interests,” he said.
But Dr Idris refused to divulge any plans on what he would do as MB. – August 6, 2014.
********************
THE ANSWER BEFORE HE EVEN SITS IN OFFICE

No comments:

Very Sad Day for All Malaysians

  High Court dismisses durian farmers’ judicial review application THERE IS NO JUSTICE WHEN IT COMES TO OUR RIGHTS. IN MALAYSIA ONE CANNOT W...